Are you looking to better incorporate technology into your personal finances? Want to save yourself time and money while looking impressive to your customer? Your mobile phone/tablet currently offers a wide variety of options to do just that.
There are plenty of apps out there, but these are the top apps any small business owner should have:
- TeamViewer HD. Now this is cool. TeamViewer allows you to control your desktop computer from your iPad or iPhone. This is perfect for when you need to access an application or file that is on another computer. The app lets you easily log into your computer, move the mouse around like you were actually there and launch programs and access documents. App Cost: Free.
- Line2. Want to tap your dedicated business line into your iPhone? Line2 is a VoIP service which adds features like virtual receptionist, call conference/waiting/transfer, SMS text messaging and others to your phone. This is a very cool feature which competes with other services that require a physical phone at your home or office. Service Cost: $10 a month.
- Dropbox. Everyone loves Dropbox – the free cloud service that lets you store, share and backup your files seamlessly. The Dropbox App serves another function, it provides a solution for the inability to store documents on your iPhone. Simply save your files to Dropbox and you’ll be able to access them from the Dropbox app. App Cost: Free. Not into dropbox? Google offers a similar service/app called GoogleDrive.
- HootSuite. HootSuite is a cool service which allows you to manage all of your social media accounts at once. It’s great for those who want a one-stop-shop to publish posts, status updates, etc. for Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Foursquare. When you’re on the go you can manage all of these functions with the HootSuite for Twitter App. App Cost: Free (4 accounts), $6 (for more).
- Wi-Fi Finder. Are you cheap like me and don’t want to pay for cellular service for your iPad? Wi-Fi Finder is a handy app that uses your phone’s GPS to identify where the closest Wi-Fi hotspots are. App Cost: Free.
- Square Card Reader. Looking to accept credit card payments but don’t want the hassle of dealing with credit card companies? The Square Card Reader is a free app/piece of hardware (shipped to you) which charges a flat 2.75% fee for each credit card payment you accept. There’s no contracts or accounts to sign up for, simply swipe the card and receive payment the next day. App Cost: Free.
- Abukai. Every small business owner knows how terrible it is to finalize expense reports at the end of each quarter. Abukai allows you to create an expense report on the fly by taking a picture of the receipt, describing the expense, then emailing the report to you to integrate into your accounting software. Service Cost: $39 a year.
- Evernote. Doesn’t it seem like all of your best design or product ideas come when you don’t have a pen or computer available? Evernote allows you to index text or voice notes, locations and pictures to access and expand upon later. App Cost: Free.
- Corkulous Pro. Want to layout your ideas and concepts on an easy to read corkboard – consisting of stickynotes, pictures, checklists and titles? Corkulous lets you! This useful app integrates with iCloud, allowing you to share and update boards across all of your devices. App Cost: $1.99.
- SignEasy. This app offers the simplest and quickest way to sign and return documents securely using your iPhone and iPad. Sign from your office, home or on-the-go and get signatures from others anywhere. You’re able to import a doc from Email, Web, Dropbox or other apps, have the document signed, then send it back to yourself – very cool. App Price: Free.
- Skitch. Do you use a lot of photos for your business? Wish you could mark them up with arrows, words or dimensions? Now you can with Skitch. This app is perfect for designers or planners to be able to visualize their ideas for clients. App Cost: Free.
- Things. Need more task managing functionality than the standard Reminder’s App Apple offers? This app allows you to organize your priorities for work, family and hobby in one centralized place – to then automatically sync them between your various devices. App Cost: $9.99.
Trackback from your site.