- Get an early start. Most markets and businesses open by 9 A.M. Whether you work from home or commute to an office, the more time you’ve had to digest the day’s news, goals and obstacles, the greater advantage you’ll have over your competition.
- Get in the habit of exercising. Other than the obvious health benefits, movement increases brain function and decreases stress levels. Developing a consistent habit of exercising is a discipline which will carry over into your business day – Apple CEO, Tim Cook, is in the gym by 5 A.M. every morning! Excellent read: The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business.
- Make a to-do list. Lists are a great way to keep yourself on track and visually aware of your goals for the day. Getting in the habit of prioritizing key tasks and identifying less urgent matters is a great way to decrease stress and increase your efficiency. Literally crossing matters off a list will help to put issues behind you and move on to the next task at hand.
- Stay informed. Whether you prefer National Public Radio or the Wall Street Journal, start the day by hearing about what is going on in the world. Whether you’re looking for inspiration or just conversation points for clients and co-workers, being well informed is always a positive. Staying informed is a key contributor in achieving the 10 Easy Tricks to an Increased Net Worth in 10 Years.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Your brain and body speed are a function of what you intake. Bagels, muffins and sugars have the tendency to slow you down. Fruits, proteins and grains help provide a consistent stream of energy without the sudden drop-off. Try a mixture of orange, apple and lemon juice with a spinach omelet one morning and let me know how much better you feel.
- Review your portfolio. For non-financial gurus, paying attention to your investments daily is a great exercise – subconsciously you’ll start correlating trends and seeing how current events affect your portfolio. Even if someone else is managing your money, it’s always prudent to know what you’re invested in and how it’s performing.
- Kiss your partner goodbye. Most truly successful people have a great home life. Acknowledging your partner (and kids) mentally relaxes you, allowing you to focus on the day ahead. Don’t lose sight of the fact that you’re striving to be successful so they may benefit as well.
- Make Contact. Greeting people can be tough first thing in the morning, but it sets a great tone for the day ahead. Managers who make it a point to be seen and say “Good Morning” are more likely to be respected and get more out of their employees. Give it a try.
Tags: Tips for Success
Trackback from your site.